Did you know that there are countless ways to use Essential Oils?
Mind oils safety before applying them to your body. Young Living Essential Oils are very concentrated and therapeutic grade. Keep oils out of reach of children. Test on your skin before use. Dilute first if unsure.
Consult your physician to treat a disease.
1. Calming. Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
2. Sleep better. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to have sweeter dreams.
3. Bee Sting / Insect Bite. Place a drop of Tea Tree essential oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. Minor skin irritations. Put 2-3 drops German Chamomile oil on an affected area to decrease irritation.
5. Minor Cuts. Drop Rosemary essential oil on cut to help healing.
6. Eczema / Dermatitis. Use Helichrysum, Carrot Seed or Bergamot essential oil topically to relieve dry, itchy, sore skin.
7. Motion Sickness. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Ginger essential oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
8. Nosebleed. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
9. Unblock Tear Ducts. Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. Dry / Chapped Skin. Rub Lavender oil undiluted or dilute with organic vegetable or olive oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Chapped / Sunburned Lips. Rub a drop of Carrot Seed essential oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. Acne. Use Vetiver, Bergamot or Helichrysum to treat symptoms of Acne or boils.
13. Deodorant. Rub 2-4 drops Lavender oil over armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. General Health Maintenance. Use food-sourced vitamins and minerals that contain an infusion of powerful essential oils, and you’ll get the whole-body support you need.
15. Dandruff. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Moths & Insects. Place a few drops of Lavender essential oil mixed with Peppermint essential oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Water Fountains. Place a drop of Lemon essential oil in your water fountain to scent the air, and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Sweeten Laundry. Place a few drops of Lavender essential oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
19. Cold Sores. Put a drop of Tea Tree essential oil on a cold sore to accelerate healing.
20. Allergies. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies; lavender is a natural antihistamine.
21. After Sunburn. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
22. Minor Rashes. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and restore the skin. Rash can be a sign of disease – consult doctor.
23. Concentration. Use 1-2 drops Frankincense essential oil or Vetiver on temples and back of neck to improve concentration.
24. Immune System. Apply 1-3 drops Frankincense oil on each foot to support and strengthen the immune system.
25. Minor Blisters. Dilute Frankincense oil 50/50 with V-6 mixing oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily.
26. Emotional Strength. Rub a few drops of Valor oil over the heart, neck, wrists and on the bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of fear and uncertainty.
27. Daily stress. Diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
28. Brittle Nails. Apply 1-3 drops Tea Tree essential oil on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week.
29. Skin Health. Apply 1-2 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil on your face before going to bed to improve the glow of your skin.
30. Joint & Muscle pains, strains and sprains. Apply Ginger, Wintergreen or Clove essential oils to the joints area.
31. Snoring. Apply Thyme essential oil to the bottoms of feet before bed and Eucalyptus essential oil to upper chest area.
32. Stiff Neck. Use 2 drops of Valor on neck and massage.
33. Indigestion / Flatulence / Diarrhea. Rub 4-6 drops of Peppermint essential oil over the stomach and around the naval to relieve indigestion.
34. Heartburn. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid indigestion and relieve heartburn.
35. Sore tired muscles (unbroken skin). Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on an area.
36. Injury Bruise (unbroken skin). Apply Lavender oil immediately to an injured area (not broken skin) — bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand — to relieve pain.
37. Minor Fever. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
38. Itching. Apply a drop of Cedarwood or Bergamot essential oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
39. Poison Ivy / Poison Oak. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 vegetable mixing oil.
40. Working Out. Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your energy and reduce fatigue.
41. Nausea. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea or put a drop of ingestible quality Ginger on your tongue.
42. Headache. To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck. A very effective tip is to put a small amount on the thumb, place thumb on the roof of your mouth and suck on your thumb for several minutes.
43. Hiccups. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
44. Alertness/Concentration. Place 2 drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
45. Concentration / Recall. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
46. Travel Sickness. Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on the chest and stomach to alleviate travel sickness.
47. Congestion. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
48. Flavoring / Preservative. Add food grade approved Peppermint oil to food as a flavouring and preservative.
49. Rodents / Ants / Cockroaches. To deter rodents, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests. You can also put a few drops in a spray bottle of water and spray around the baseboards and other areas to repel bugs.
50. Refresh the room. Diffuse Purification essential oil blend or Thieves blend to refresh the air in the room.
51. Tea as Coffee Substitute. Place a drop of food grade approved Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
52. Curb your cravings. Place a drop of ingestible Grapefruit or Peppermint essential oil on your tongue to curb immediate food cravings.
53. Aphids. Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 oz. of water and spray plants to eliminate aphids on plants.
54. Summer Cooler. Drink a drop of food grade approved Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
55. Arthritis / Tendonitis. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
56. Bad Breath. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath for an hour.
57. Ticks. Remove tick by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing a circle around the tick. Wait for it to withdraw its head from the skin and remove it.
58. Sore Feet. Drop a few empty bottles of essential oils to a footbath with Epsom Salts to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
59. Cold & Cough. Diffuse Thieves Oil (in 1/2 hour increments) in room. Rub a drop on the bottom of feet. Put 1 drop of Thieves in a glass of warm beverage and drink.
60. Sore Throat. Drop 2-4 drops of Thieves in water and gargle as needed. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 oil and apply to throat and back of neck and apply a warm compress.
61. Household cleaning. 2-6 drops of Thieves cleaner in an 8oz. spray bottle with water. Spray and clean counter tops, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, and door knobs etc.
62. Gums health. Rub a drop or two of Thieves essential oil all over gums 2 times a day until gone.
63. Clean mouth. Add 1 drop of Clove essential oil to your teeth brushing routine to have healthier mouth.
64. Mold. Diffuse Thieves (in half hour increments) in basement to eliminate mold and spores or wherever mold is present.
65. Fungal Skin & Toe. 1 drop of Thieves on the infection 2 to 3 times a day until gone.
66. Bruising pain. Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce pain.
67. Sore Muscles. Apply PanAway oil topically to soothe sore muscles after exercising.
68. Headache. Rub a drop of PanAway or M-Grain essential oil blends on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to relieve a headache.
69. Growing Pains. Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on locations to ease growing pains.
70. Arthritis Pain. Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain and restore mobility.
71. Sciatic Pain. Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve pain and support the circulatory and nervous system.
72. Arthritis in Pets. For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 vegetable oil on location or add a drop in the food.
73. Overactive Children. Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
74. Relaxing Massage. Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
75. Relaxing Bath. Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
76. Teeth Grinding. Diffuse Peace & Calming while sleeping to help stop nocturnal teeth grinding.
77. Travel Freshener. Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, car, hotel room or enclosed areas.
78. Insect Bites. Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to stop the itching and neutralize minor venom.
79. Skin Blemishes. Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear skin.
80. Sneaker Odors. Put 2 drops of Purification oil on 2 cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
81. Humidifier. Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
82. Cat / Dog Ear Mites. Apply Purification oil and Lavender oil diluted with V-6 vegetable mixing oil to a cotton swab and rub just outside the ear opening to eliminate ear mites in cats and dogs.
83. Gum, Oil, Grease Spots and Crayons. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
84. Varicose Veins. Rub several drops of Lemongrass essential oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
85. Lemonade. For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of ingestible Lemon oil, 2 Tbs. of honey or Agave and 2 cups of pure water. Adjust to suite your own taste.
86. Callouses / Bunions / Warts. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous, bunion or wart mornings and evenings until it disappears.
87. Prolong Life of Fresh Fruit. To clean and increase shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon.
88. Dishcloths. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to keep it cleaner.
89. Public Bathrooms. Rub a drop of Hand Purifier infused with essential oils on your hands after using a public bathroom.